Over the past 15 years the development of the humble retaining wall block has come a long way. With a huge range of shapes, sizes and colours to choose from you will be sure to find retaining wall blocks to suit every need and design. They are often referred to as “Link Blocks” or “Stacker Blocks”.
All the major brands can be seen on our website or in our display yard in Darra. We also carry stock of most retaining wall blocks so you could even take one home to see what it will look like in its intended setting or pick up your entire requirement direct for us the day you place your order.
Benefits of Link Block Mortarless Retaining Walls
There are a huge number of benefits to be had when using these retaining wall blocks, and they include:
- The retaining wall blocks stack on top of each other and do not require any mortar or cement joins. This obviously makes construction much easier and means that the home handyman can produce a quality outcome. In fact there have been some comparisons made with good old-fashioned “Lego” where once the bottom course is laid, the retaining wall blocks just click together!
- Following on from this point; if a mistake is made … as there is no mortar, you can just dismantle the retaining wall blocks and start again.
- In most cases, the retaining wall blocks are below 20kg each which again makes installation possible by you. No need to be “Mr Muscles” to get your retaining wall blocks around the back!
- As they are a manufactured product, their sizing and uniformity is very consistent, again making installation a breeze.
- Depending on the style of retaining wall blocks chosen, they can be used in straight or curved walls and in many cases can do right-angled corners too.
- Given the variety of styles and colours available, they can blend in with any style of landscaping project.
- There are styles that build vertical retaining walls and some that slope backwards into the bank to give more strength and there is even a style that is hollow, allowing you to fill them with soil and plant them out … giving a rockery type appearance.
- We quite often have a great range retaining wall blocks at discounted prices making them a very economical option.