If you’re an avid gardener you would be well aware of the large variety and quality of different garden soils available on the market these days.
Well, why so many you ask? Quite simply, not all garden soils are created equal or for the same purpose. So with that in mind, we’ve put together a simple checklist for you to use. Work through the questions below and relay the information onto one of our Sales Representatives and you’ll be sure to end up with the right garden soil for the right job!
What is the garden soil you require primarily going to be used for?
Soil for Garden Beds
- If for a garden bed – is it a new garden bed or an existing bed already planted out?
- If for an existing bed, what is the soil in the garden bed like currently? (sandy, lacking nutrients, friable etc.)
- In a new bed, have you already determined what plants you would like to plant? (tropical, acid lovers, arid, flowering, roses etc.)
Soil for Lawns
- If for under turf – are you on clay or sandy soils?
- If for under turf Do you need to improve drainage under your new turf?
- If for over turf – are you trying to give your lawn a boost or are you trying to improve the levels?
These are by no means the only questions you need to address, but working through this list should give you or your customer service representative a better understanding of your garden soil requirements.
All too often the garden soil or top soil we select is given too little thought and is often the last item on our purchasing list when designing and implementing a new garden bed or lawn.
Check out our full range of garden soils and give us a call on 3373 4999 to discuss what soil mix is right for you!