- Mow every 7-days throughout the growing season (September – May)
- Mow every 2 weeks during winter.
- Infrequent, deep watering is recommended to promote healthy growth. Annual rainfall can sometimes be adequate once established.
- May require watering during prolonged dry periods.
- Early morning watering is recommended.
- A regular fertilizing regime will ensure healthy colour and winter survival.
Nullarbor Couch (Cynodon dactylon)
Nullarbor couch grass is a durable and robust fine-leaf couch turf variety with a soft texture and dense growth pattern with great winter colour retention.
Nullarbor Couch is a budget turf species perfect for large sunny areas where a premium variety is not required. Wintergreen will withstand heavy usage in high traffic areas and is very commonly used throughout new developments, and by many councils for parks and footpath areas. Before the development of specialty turfs, it was the popular choice for sporting surfaces, and is still the first choice of BCC for most urban green space. Nullarbor, like most Couch turf species is not suitable for shaded areas and requires up to around 5 hours of direct sunshine daily or dappled sun all day.
Like all turf, Nullarbor can be susceptible to Lawn Grub or Army Worm attack during the wet season. For more information on grub control click here.
For more information and help selecting the right turf for your project visit the Turf Resource Guide.